Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams Tribute

Sometimes it's really hard to start a post.

Especially when I had planned an entire post in my head in the shower, but then I get to this page and I just can't write about any of that today. So, postponing that until tomorrow.

Because Robin Williams passed away yesterday and I am genuinely upset about it.


Several of his movies are some of my absolute favorites. I've seen Mrs. Doubtfire more times that I can possibly count. I cried like a baby the first time I saw Good Will Hunting (see clip below). Some of my favorite quoted lines are from Dead Poets Society. I completely wore out my VHS copies of Aladdin as a kid. Oh, and let's not forget to mention all of the times my friends and I sat in someone's basement and watched Robin Williams' stand up. His bit about golf makes me ROFL, for real. Seriously, watch that golf clip and I double dog dare you not to laugh. Then watch this Good Will Hunting clip with Matt Damon and I double dog dare you not to get choked up.


So yes, I'm quite sad about his passing. Is it odd that it's just something I never expected? I happened to be on Twitter at the exact moment the first tweet came through last night about his death. I thought it was a hoax. Celebrities are constantly dying on Twitter because these stupid children who shouldn't be allowed to tweet think it's amusing. So I immediately thought it was fake, even though a fairly credible news source tweeted it first.

In a very naive way I just never expected an actor I actually really liked and admired to pass away. Which was very.. naive. So with that, today I leave you these little things I made last night while reminiscing.






"Genie, you're free."
RIP.

15 comments:

  1. What a nice tribute. I was shocked when I heard the news, too. It's one of those things that just takes your breath away when you hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even. Too many sad thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sad news indeed! I thought it was a hoax too. Amanda texted me about it, and I almost didn't believe her. He is definitely my favorite commedian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so hoping that this whole thing was a terrible hoax when I first heard about it last night. I'm so sad about this... He was such a huge part of my childhood. Love him

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I still can't believe it. It really makes me so sad. My heart is so broken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still so heartbroken about this news. I'm so lucky that I had the chance to see him perform live. I will cherish that memory even more now. He shaped so many of our childhoods and will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm genuinely upset about it too. going thru social media this morning is making my stomach turn and i have constant goosebumps. it's sad for so many reasons. because he was a one of a kind incredible human being and because he was hurting so badly. depression hides behind the biggest smiles. it makes me so sad to know that behind all he did for everyone, there wasn't enough for him. there wasn't enough for him to feel like living was worth it anymore. not even for his children. it doesn't matter how many awards you win, or how much money you have or how many jokes you tell or how many millions of people love you, depression can attack anyone and take them down.
    this whole thing is just so fucking sad and i feel so bad for everyone that was close to him. this is a HUGE hollywood loss and i can't remember the last time i saw this many people be truly sad about a celebrity death.
    i went to a Jay Leno taping about 5 years ago and Robin was one of the guests. the whole place lit up when he came out. i remember just being in absolute awe of his presence and energy. such an amazing human being.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful tribute, you've done his memory and work justice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It breaks my heart too. I just can't even believe it. Love the quotes you pick for this tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. He will be missed. One of the best actors of our time, that's for sure. :(

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally with you on this. Bicentennial Man has got to be one of my favourite movies of his. I think he's a great loss in the film industry. It was such a tragic death.

    Jae of SCATTERBRAIN

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still tearing up when I see anything about him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...