Wednesday, August 27, 2014

3 Weird Things About Me

I went to a baseball game with a friend last night and somehow we got to talking about some of the weird things we do or weird things about each other and well, it sounded like a blog post. So, I made it into one.


#1. I used to HATE pineapple. I always picked it out of any mixed fruit kind of thing and my grandma always left it off of a few pieces of fruit pizza so that I wouldn't have to pick it off myself. But then I turned 21 and I started going to the bars and all of sudden we were ALWAYS ordering vodka with a pineapple chaser. ALWAYS.


It's embarrassing the number of different pictures I have with us with shots of vodka and a pineapple chaser. Embarrassing. Anyway, all of a sudden, I started to like the pineapple juice and now I love pineapple. So that's a weird way to start liking a food.

#2. I can not, CAN NOT, put makeup on while I'm chewing gum. I know it's weird that I even know that, because honestly, who chews gum and puts makeup on, but I've tried it on more than one occasion and I can't.


#3. I read the end of books before I read Chapter 2. I wouldn't say I do this 100% of the time, but I'd definitely say 75% of the time I do this. I'll read Chapter 1, then I'll read the last few pages of the book, and then I'll jump back to Chapter 2. There are 2 things I want to say about this:

  1. Knowing the ending ruins NOTHING for me. I frequently will miss a TV episode and read the recap the next day and then watch the episode later. I don't get bothered at all when someone tells me the entire plot line and the big climatic, surprise ending of a movie before I watch it. That kind of thing just doesn't bother me and it doesn't ruin anything for me. I'm also the same person who re-reads books constantly and I have no problems watching the exact same movie 30 times in a row. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen the One Tree Hill episode where Nathan and Haley kiss in the rain for the first time and guess what? I'll watch it a hundred times more! 
  2. Also my mother does this too and a really, really long time ago she said that she did it because if she died in the middle of reading a book, then at least she'd know the ending. So I do it too. I know that makes no sense, but I'm weird and it works for me.

So.. THE MORE YOU KNOW. 

16 comments:

  1. Yum! Pineapple is the best! And I do the same thing with books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading spoilers. It doesn't bother me one bit. In fact I enjoy it and prefer it. Some people care too much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roland is like that, always reading the plot line and what happens.. I hate it. We'll watch a movie that neither one of us has seen and the whole time he's like "I WANT TO TELL YOU WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN BUT YOU'RE GOING TO BE MAD AT ME TOO LATE IT'S HAPPENING LOOK WASN'T THAT THE CRAZIEST THING EVER TO HAPPEN IN ANY MOVIE?!" And I'm just over like, shut up, it was crazy but you already knew it was going to happen so you can't react like I can. I love pineapple, but I hate cutting it... and also Pine-Apple? pine tree? apple? weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I totally do #3 too! I always have to skip ahead and see what happens....then I go back and actually read it IF it had a good ending! haha! So glad I'm not the only one

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay actually you reading the ending makes me itchy and uncomfortable for some reason because part of me is like "but thats wroooooong!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once had a bartender make a tequila sunrise with pineapple juice instead of orange juice + it was actually delicious. also knowing the ending to things [like the HP series] + reading them again makes me more sad. Like, Harry, Sirius isn't a bad guy, you're gonna wish you had figured that out sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo I've never chased vodka with pineapple before, that sounds delicious! I have a really strong urge to try putting on makeup while chewing gum now...just to see if I can. I'm opposite of you, I work painstakingly hard to avoid all spoilers. My friend does what you do when she reads books. I about feinted the first time I saw her do that. I had no idea that was a thing people did. It doesn't kill me to have the ending ruined since it's all about the journey, but I prefer to be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I love this post! I have never heard of a pineapple chaser?! Is it just pineapple juice?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, I do love me some pineapple. It's so delish! I'm glad that you are a fellow pineapple lover now. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pineapple, but there was a time when I didn't eat it too!

    I hate spoilers usually, so I try not to peak at the end of the book. Ok, sometimes I might sneak a peak. Gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't eat pineapple really... its TOO tart or something for me?! I don't mind the flavor, but I hate biting into it. That might be more weird than I realized until just now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally feel ya on the pineapple thing, except mine is coconut. I can't STAND coconut and I have tried a lot of fruity drinks with coconut in it. It's like one of those flavors you can just taste over everything.

    While I get really excited to know the ending of a book or TV show or movie, even while watching something on Netflix that is no longer on air - take Dawson's Creek or Dexter for example - I refused to look up the endings. I just can't do it. So if I die in the middle of a tv show, I'll just never know lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm obsessed with Malibu & pineapple, but I don't like pineapple juice alone or eating pineapple. And I read recaps all the time and spoilers and I just don't care. I don't particularly love the "shock" value of TV/movies/books. Like it's cool when it's there, but... *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to say... those things are all strange. My sister in law can't drive and chew gum at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am constantly looking for spoilers for tv and movies. I get impatient and I can't wait. It doesn't ruin it at all for me. I have only done it a couple of times with books though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahaha! That book thing is from When Harry Met Sally. Bill Crystal explains to Meg Ryan that he always reads the ending in case he dies before he finishes. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...