Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Laying Down Facts - Harry Potter Facts

If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time, then you know I'm a fan of Harry Potter and anything that mentions him. Last year when I was in Florida I even went to Universal Studies and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (ten reasons you need to go here). I love HP, the books and the movies. This summer while I'm on vacation here in Florida, I've started rereading the series.

So today, Amanda from Peaches in Missouri offered to come on the blog and allow me to spend one more day not doing blog things and rereading Harry instead. Three cheers for Amanda! Bonus, she's talking all things Harry Potter! 
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Kay is working on her tan in sunny Florida right now, and I'm stuck here in boring Missouri hoping the rainy weather in the forecast is a lie. But rainy weather is good for relaxing with a good book. I know Kay is planning to read the Harry Potter series again this summer (I am too!), so I thought I would share with you some interesting tidbits and quotes from the books and movies.
Via Pinterest
::: The tale of the Deathly Hallows was based on The Pardoner’s Tale by Geoffrey Chaucer.

::: Hedwig shares her name with two famous saints. One is Saint Hedwig of Andechs, a former duchess noted for her benevolence and compassionate nature. The other is Saint Hedwig, Queen of Poland.
via Pinterest
::: Only Alan Rickman, the actor who played Professor Snape, knew his character’s fate before the release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” because Rowling told him.
via Pinterest
::: M.O. McGonagall is listed on one of the Quidditch trophies shown Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Perhaps Professor McGonagall may have been a Quidditch player when she was a student? It would certainly explain her enthusiasm for the sport.
via
::: When Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was released in the UK, the publisher asked stores not to sell the book until schools were closed for the day to prevent students from skipping class to purchase it.
via Pinterest
::: The name Voldemort comes from the French phrase "vol de mort" meaning “flight/theft of death.” The french pronunciation makes the "t" silent. So we've been pronouncing his name wrong this entire freaking time!
Via Pinterest
::: Cedric Diggory got his last name from the first name of the professor in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.
::: Because so many fans visited King’s Cross station to take pictures of platforms 9 and 10, the station management erected a sign that says “Platform 9 ¾” and underneath it half a luggage trolley like it's going through the wall. I've been there!!
::: Voldemort cannot love because he was conceived under the effects of a Love Potion.
Via Pinterest
::Snape is the only Death Eater that was able to produce a Patronus.

If you haven't read the books, I sincerely suggest that you do. It's a captivating story and there are so many great lessons to be learned. Since my books are still packed up in my storage unit in Georgia, I am going to download the digital versions for my Kindle and get started this very afternoon! What are your favorite Harry Potter moments?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

She's pretty great, right? You can follow her using all of the links below! I recommend her x1000!!!



15 comments:

  1. I actually just started re-reading the first book over the weekend, they are so well written I can't put it down! I loved all of these facts, and the sneaky Twilight diss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for fellow Harry Potter fans! I used to reread the series about once a year, but it's been a while since I've read it because I have such a long to read list plus I participate in various reading challenges. I don't think I've read them since college so I feel like it would be a different experience to reread them now as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter is my favorite and I get like an excited little tween when I see ANYTHING posted Harry Potter related and I don't even care if I'm 28. I am planning to go to Orlando in October and cannot wait. I'm sure I'll probably cry, freak out, cry again, scream, and do my happy seal dance I do when I'm really excited and can't form words...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Harry Potter books are by far my favorite book series that I've ever read. For being a 25 year old and grew up reading them, I am so happy with how the franchise has become.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some awesome facts I never knew about Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #HarryPotterForLife

    I fell in love with the books when I was in middle school. The seventh book has been my favorite birthday gift from my parents, like, ever. So this post was kind of a given :) Thanks to Kay for letting me share my HP obsession with you guys.
    Now seriously, someone needs to help me convince my husband to take me to Orlando sometime this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read every book within a month. I am so disappointed I hadn't discovered them sooner. I cannot waaaaaait till I can read them to my kids. Relive the magic for the first time. So good. All of it. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha the YOLO unless you have horcruxes meme cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that one of Voldemort and the YOLO had me literally LOLing!! HA! I think I might have to add re-reading the HP series to my summer reading list...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harry Potter is the freakin' best thing! My mother started reading it to me when I was a young un' and I'm going to do the same for my children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm re-reading them right now & I'm falling in love all over again!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...