Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June Goals Remix

I've been having trouble with my monthly goals lately.

I think there are a lot of factors that have attributed to this poor performance. A couple big ones are:
1. I'm not motivated.
2. I'm not setting attainable goals.
3. I'm not keeping track of my goals.
4. I'm focusing on other goals not on my goal list. (which kind of doesn't make sense)
5. I'm not motivated.

Yea, #1 and #5 are the same. Because I think that's the biggest problem. I'm not sure what is going on, but man! I am so not into doing anything besides the bare minimum lately. I wasn't even totally sure why! Until last night when I was drafting this post a friend called to ask for a favor and then we got to talking and she helped me figure some things out. Everyone needs a friend that is willing to tell you things you don't necessarily want to hear, but probably need to hear. It's all in the delivery. She was so damn nice while she was picking me apart! But damn if I didn't need to hear it.

So, we'll talk a look at my May goals really quick and then we're going to talk about my plans to mix things up and get out of my funk.

May Goals

Be spontaneous
Pay it forward
Organize my Mary Kay inventory.
Spray paint the things in the box in my closet labeled "spray paint these"
Have a Me Date HERE
Write a blog post 5 days a week all month long
Run an 11 minute mile.
Attend 1 exercise class a week just for fun
100 ounces of water a day
Begin my break up with my snooze button
Read 2 books
Celebrate my momma
Have an epic Indy 500 celebration

Whomp whomp. No need to dwell on that debacle.
Instead let's talk about something big I'm going to change. It was brought to my attention that I spend a lot of time and a lot of effort trying to change things about myself that I don't particularly like, instead of playing up my strengths and using them to my benefit. In trying to change things and better myself, I'm wearing myself out. I really believe I have the best of intentions (see what i did there), but I think I'm going about everything the wrong way. I think I have been for a long time.

I don't want to get too deep today, so let's just leave it at that. Let's just say that I'm going to use June as an experiment. I'm my own worst critic, but I also recognize that I am good at a few things and I plan on playing up those things. Instead of beating myself down, I'm going to try building myself up. So..

Be Spontaneous
Pay It Forward
Begin daily affirmations
Spray paint those dang things in that dang box
Me Date
Read 2 new books
Begin rereading the Harry Potter series
Soak up every ounce of wonderfulness in Florida
Continue learning calligraphy (been a side project since mid-may!)
Focus on my fitness goals
Blog more efficiently
Break up with my snooze button
Get back to a smoother morning schedule
Be brave
Take more photos
Spend more time outside
Clean my car
Get control of my email inbox (this will forever be a work in progress)
Do one thing (small or large) every day that will get me closer to my long term goals


My big goal for June? Do the best I can.

8 comments:

  1. Love this. What are you doing to learn calligraphy? Taking a class? I've been trying to teach myself.... let's just say I'm no closer to starting a hand lettering etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get it girl! You always inspire me with the goals you set and achieve every month. I'm now starting to think I need to make goals for the month in addition to my weekly ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May was tough-- I think the onset of warm weather, a holiday etc just made me slack off a bit! I'm ready to rock June right along with you!! If you learn how to break up with your snooze button, pleeeeease let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beginning the break up with the snooze button! OMG I just can't. I swear, I can't. I snooze like, 3 times or more. It's awful. I spend every morning trying to drag myself out of bed. :( There's got to be a better way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. daily affirmations are huge! I need to do this one too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's great that you were able to come to that conclusion and realize what's been, not holding you back, but not helping you move forward. Your goal list for June looks great, and I'm sure with effort and a solid plan for each you will crush that list! But doing your best is all that's important. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...