Friday, June 20, 2014

Celebrating Differences In Blogland

A few weeks ago I put it out there that if anyone wanted to help a sister out and write a quick guest post for me while I was on vacation that I'd be a #happygirl. Laurie was the first to tweet me back, the first to email me, and then the first to send her post. 

I can't make this stuff up.. She rocks my socks off. Go be her best friend.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Hello hello Best of Intentions readers! I'm Laurie and I blog over at andiamo (grammatical errors and all  - sorry Kay!). On paper Miss Kay and I might not seem to have too much in common, however I am here to debunk all of that. Based solely on this post here, with Kay explaining why she doesn't fit in with the blog world (to which I say au contraire mon ami).

I begin.

Kay is not married and yet, I am. To this guy. How we met is actually kind of interesting. It involved me informing him to shit or get off the pot. Just to clear up any confusion about my level of classy. I read plenty of single lady blogs. Some of my favorites actually. I dig them.

Kay does not have a kid, and yet here I am guilty as charged. Again. Stick with me this post idea gets better. I have two little humans that I am in charge of and yes, I do write about them most of the time because they are most of my time. I won't bore you with kid details because I feel ya. Not everyone likes kids.

Kay doesn't have a furrbaby. Okay. Now neither do I! While Kay would love a puppy I will venture out on a limb and risk blog suicide to admit that I do not want a furrbaby. Some people don't like kids. I don't like.... you guessed it!

We are both not photographers. For the first four months of my blog's life my iPhone was all I had. I sort of dug my heels in at first and insisted that was perfect and, here's the kicker, that you couldn't even tell it was only iPhone photos. I still think that actually. But for my 30th birthday I was gifted a nice little camera by all my friends and family and now I can simply pretend. And pretend I do.

Kay and I do not like The Bachelor. I'm not even going to apologize for this one. I just don't get it. And I never have.

Kay doesn't like any of the Real Housewives. Well now I do... or I should say I used to. NYC, NJ, OC and Beverly Hills, oh yes how I did enjoy. But now I really don't. I am annoyed more often than entertained and so I think that ship has sailed.

Kay and I curse. I make quite the effort to keep the language under wraps on my blog, and I pretty much succeed... but beware. If you meet me in real life I shall be quite the dirty-mouthed little creature. I have also taken to spelling in front of the kids because I have a parrot for a daughter. So in other words I was a pirate in a prior life.

Kay and I can't put an outfit together. A fashion blogger I shall never ever pretend to be. I wear leggings or yoga pants with a good ole sports bra most of the time and I prefer it that way. I do own a pair of Hunter boots though so I figure that gets me a few points in trying to sit at the cool table in the blog cafeteria.

Kay says she isn't really that funny but I disagree with you miss. I do. Everyone is their own worst critic I suppose. But I find you entertaining. I hope to be entertaining. The jury is still out.

Kay and I are not from the South. Indiana for Kay.. Central Pennsylvania for me. To read about how interesting it is to live in PA check this out. It's all true. My daughter might even join the Amish Order.

Kay and I are not obsessed with Starbucks. I had never had a PSL (that's a Pumpkin Spice Latte for anyone else not in the know, as I was too last fall) until this past year. So I decided I had to hop on the bandwagon and get one. It was okay. I lived. I prefer my coffee in kcup form and my money in my pocket. 

Kay and I refuse to comment on every single post that we read. I can't! I read most posts on my phone and commenting on a phone just really isn't easy. I read far too many blogs to comment on each one each day, even though I would love to do that because who doesn't love a comment right?

Kay and I don't take enough selfies. I did this Blogtember thing last year and one post prompt was to take a selfie. It took me 23 attempts to get one photo I didn't hate. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Other reasons I don't fit in? I own nothing chevron, my nails chip practically the day I paint them, my only make up item I use religiously is Chapstick, I only blow dry my hair a few times a year, and this is how seriously I take my topknots.

So the list goes on and on.... and on. But that's the great thing about blogging right? We each read the blogs we love for the person behind the blog, in celebration of their differences, not because they are all the same. 

Thanks for having me today Kay and Best of Intentions readers!



|TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || BLOGLOVIN || PINTEREST ||

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
Speechless. 
First of how beautiful is this girl? Like.. what?! And then she had to go and make me laugh? I'm just saying that I think we need to be best friends. That's all. Also, her children.. CUTENESS OVERLOAD.
HUGE thank you to her for giving me a day off of blogging while I'm loving my life in my happy place! NSB, Florida.. Forever and forever!

8 comments:

  1. Great post! (I also hate the The Bachelor and such shows)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun guest post! going to check out her blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks so much Kay-you just gave my ego such a boost!!! Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! It's nice to find a similar-different person to connect with :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree!!! We have a lot in common by the way!

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...