Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bought A Jet, What Do You Expect?

Let's chat today about lyrics.

I was driving last night and absolutely blasting this song.

Talk Dirty (ft. 2 Chainz) - Jason Derulo

It should be noted that I like a little bit of everything when we're talking about music. I'm really, really not that picky and my list of favorite songs is approximately 2,389 miles long. So back on point.. I was driving and blasting this song and singing along, because when I'm in my car I pretend I'm auditioning for The Voice with every song that comes on. The acoustics are fabulous in my car you guys, I'm telling ya.
As I'm screaming singing this song, I guess I just really started to think about what I was saying. So I came home and decided to analyze the lyrics to this song.

I'm that flight that you get on, international
First class seat on my lap, girl, riding comfortable
Cause I know what da girl dem need
New York to Haiti
I got lipstick stamps on my passport, make it hard to leave

I'm gonna stop you right there for a second, Jason. I appreciate your creativity in comparing sex to flying. Bravo, really. I just imagine that a flight from New York to Haiti is quite long and have you actually sat on someone's lap for a long period of time? It's not comfortable for anyone. I'm just saying.

Been around the world, don't speak the language
But your booty don't need explaining
All I really need to understand is when you
Talk dirty to me
Talk dirty to me
Talk dirty to me
Talk dirty to me
Get jazzy on me

Okay Jason, let me see if I follow this correctly.. I assume we're still comparing sex with you to flying and traveling. If I follow that, then it kind of sounds like you've traveled a lot but you still don't speak the language, which is fine. Except that if someone has been around the world (had a lot of sex) and they still don't "speak the language" then maybe they aren't as educated as they seem (aka, not very good at sex). I don't know. I also don't really understand what "get jazzy on me" means, what is "jazzy"? I'm not sure I want any of your "jazzy" on me. *smirk*

You know the words to my songs, no habla Inglés
Our conversations ain't long, but you know what is
I know what the girl dem want
London to Taiwan
I got lipstick stamps on my passport, I think I need a new one

These are actually the lyrics that made me write this blog post. "Our conversations ain't long, but you know what is".. HAHAHAH I'm immature. Oh, and he says "you know the words to my songs, I don't speak english".. Which, okay. Clearly.

Uno: met a friend in Rio
Dos: she was all on me-o
Tres: we could ménage à three-o
Cuatro: Ohhhhhh

Jason, I took French in high school, but I'm fairly certain that adding "o" to the end of words does not make them Spanish. Also, I'm pretty sure (but don't quote me on this) that they speak mostly Portuguese in Rio. You wish you could menage a three-o with some of those Brazilian girls, buddy.

Dos Cadenas, close to genius
Sold out arenas, you can suck my p*nis
Gilbert Arenas, guns on deck
Chest to chest, tongue on neck
International or*l sex
Every picture I take, I pose a threat
Bought a jet, what do you expect?
Her pu**y so good I bought her a pet
Anyway, every day I'm trying to get to it
Got her saved in my phone under "Big Booty"
Anyway, every day I'm trying to get to it
Got her saved in my phone under "Big Booty"

I had to add lots of "**" because I don't want those search terms to lead people to my blog, ya know? How awkward. Anyway, this is 2 Chainz part. Let's start top to bottom. I looked it up "Dos Cadenas" is 2 Chainz in Spanish. So there's that. Also, Gilbert Arenas is a basketball player for the Shanghai Sharks, so unless I'm missing something I don't get why we threw his name in there. And I've seen you 2 Chainz.. you pose zero threat is any and all pictures you take. You aren't that hot, buuddddddd. I'm ignoring the whole pet part, because.. come on, at least be clever.
BUT "got her saved in my phone under Big Booty" makes me LOL. I save guys in my phone as "Small D*ck" and "Bro Who Skips Leg Day" all the time!!

From there we just keep talking dirty to him, so I'll end it now.
This was fun. Let me know if you have another song I can analyze.
PS. talk dirty to me.

11 comments:

  1. LOL I love your interpretation.
    I always skip this song when it comes up just not that into it lol but now I want to listen to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The played this song in Zumba ONCE and the word Penis through everyone into a tizzie... so yeah, whoopsies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Have you ever sat on someone's lap for a long period of time" hahahaha this should be a weekly thing lol Also.. as I was reading the lyrics part.. I was definitely singing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. I laughed out loud that you have guys saved in your phone as "Bro Who Skips Leg Day". I hope that's true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha omg I laughed so hard reading this! My husband and I had some of the same conversations about this song! So funny! We always over analyse songs that come on the radio. I'm glad someone else does too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha- you are going to get so many people here just from the "Talk dirty to me" line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. bahahahaha 'she was all on me-o' stop it. wrap lyrics can be the worst...and by that i mean the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMFAO!!!!

    This is too funny... and sometimes rappers just say shit bc it rhymes. P so good I bought her a pet. Umm okay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I was contemplated the words to this song in the shower the other day (I like to sing and dance while I get clean). And you nailed my thought process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like I was watching (err reading) you in a battle against Jason Derulo and 2 Chainz and at the end you threw the mic down. Please tell me you threw the mike down?

    ReplyDelete
  11. in 09 Arenas brought a gun into the Washington Wizards locker room and threatened a teammate with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...