Monday, January 6, 2014

Blogger Book Club Ch-Ch-Changes!

Good mooooorning!
No weekend recap today. The number one reason being that I'm sitting here typing this and it's only Sunday morning. A huge snow storm just started and it's only supposed to get worse, much, much worse. So I'm writing this now in case I lose power. Which is very likely. Yay winter.. Not.
Keep updated with me on Twitter and Instagram and you'll be able to see my winter wonderland.


Moving on...
It's time to bring back Blogger Book Club! 

With a few changes. Small, but mighty.
2014 is bringing all kinds of changes! While I want others to read this and while I want others to join in on Blogger Book Club, ultimately I need to do what I want to do. So things are going to be a little bit more.. "me" around these parts.

Starting with our January 2014 BBC book choice!
I specifically asked for this book for Christmas after I added it to my GoodReads "Want to Read" list in September! 
And of course, my grandma came through!


The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

GoodReads Description:
From the author of the critically acclaimed What Alice Forgot comes a breakout new novel about the secrets husbands and wives keep from each other.

My Darling Cecilia
If you're reading this, then I've died . . .


Imagine your husband wrote you a letter, to be opened after his death. Imagine, too, that the letter contains his deepest, darkest secret - something so terrible it would destroy not just the life you built together, but the lives of others too. Imagine, then, that you stumble across that letter while your husband is still very much alive . . .

Cecilia Fitzpatrick achieved it all - she's an incredibly successful business woman, a pillar of her small community and a devoted wife and mother. Her life is as orderly and spotless as her home. But that letter is about to change everything, and not just for her: Rachel and Tess barely know Cecilia - or each other - but they too are about to feel the earth-shattering repercussions of her husband's devastating secret.


I'm so excited about this! I'm also really excited to review this book too because when I do review it, I'm doing it my way and I'm doing it honestly. I'm going to write the review as if I'm chatting with my Aunt. It's gonna be good stuff.

The January 2014 Blogger Book Club link-up with be Friday, January 31st


The Best of Intentions


Mark your calendars!
Oh, I also updated the Book Club page! Boom, Bam, Wam!
Now everyone go and be warm and safe today!
I'll be back tomorrow.. Maybe.
Depending on whether or not I have power!! 

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you chose this book... I had just downloaded it on my e-reader! Anxious to link up on January 31st.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that BBC is back! And ooo boy does this sound like a good book to start of 2014 with. Thank you for putting together BBC each and every month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh. That book sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am liking this! I can't seem to commit to a real life book club so maybe this will work! Just joined on Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know you're over snow,but i want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book was so good- you're going to be hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually just picked this book up at the library this week so I will be sure and participate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm actually participating in another blogger book club and this is our January book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I put a hold on this book at my library. I am very interested in reading it once I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are producing a book, figure out why you want to - why you have to - write this book, and you will do much better.

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...