Thursday, May 23, 2013

SPD! {Clean Make-up Brushes}

Pinterest never lets me down.

My make-up brushes were gross. Really super gross. So I went into that cute little search bar in Pinterest and I searched for "make-up brush cleaner" and I found a ton of options. I can't link to the original pin I used because the link took me no-where. *insert annoyed face here* but I found one similar here. I saw it. I pinned it. I did it.

 photo makeupbrush6_zps4f144bb7.jpg

This is fool, fool, fool proof!

The Problem:
 photo makeupbrush1_zpsa7973905.jpg

The Solution:
 photo makeupbrush2_zps1d70376c.jpg

Mix up
-1 Cup of warm water
-1 Tbsp of vinegar
-1 Tbsp of dish soap

I used the swirl and tap method.

 photo makeupbrush3_zps4ceb86b2.jpg

Swirl the brush around in the solution, tap the excess off on the side, rinse, re-shape, let dry overnight.

I was blown away by how well this worked. Here's a better look..

 photo makeupbrush4_zpsf9a9d894.jpg

The brush on the left was before the swirl and tap (can i make that a catch phrase?). In the past I had rinsed that brush off before to try and get that blackness off. Never came off. The picture on the right? After the swirl and tap. Do you see blackness? No, you don't. Want to know why? Because this stuff works!

I sound like an infomercial.

But look at these pretty, clean brushes!

 photo makeupbrush5_zpse4bdc053.jpg

Here's a nice little before and after!

 photo makeupbrush7_zps8c8fb72f.jpg

Now YOU..

 photo selfie5-22-13_zps8ce54375.jpg

Yea, YOU.. Go check out Steph and Katie. And while you're visiting Katie, wish her a Happy Birthday!

 photo SPDButton_zps00bc7d65.jpg

 photo xokay_zpsf8e62ec8.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Oooooh I needed this! My brushes need to be cleaned badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! Oh my gosh this is great. Between my mom and I we have so many brushes that need cleaning. Its funny because I think I've saw this before but never actually thought it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! So clean! I also recommond baby shampoo.. its super gentle and does a great job! I have been using it for years! The bottles are like 4 dollars and last for months and months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my brushes are disgusting and I have GOT to take the time to clean them soon, thanks for the "recipe"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all your brushes, nice post ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a much better plan than buying expensive brush cleaner! Did the vinegar make your brushes smell at all?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! Swirl and tap reminds me of bend and snap from Legally Blonde haha.

    Did you make your brushes swirl on the bottom of the jar you used? Or did you swirl with them just chilling in the liquid?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every weekend i used to go to see this website, for the reason that
    i want enjoyment, as this this website conations genuinely nice funny data too.

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...