Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Caprese Corn Salad

How do we feel about "Recipe Tuesday"? Because I think that sounds awesome. Because Tuesdays are hard days to find things to write about because I'm so busy at work right now. So posting a quick recipe is fast and I like it. And what I say goes!

So my mother (who i discussed a little bit here) makes this all the time. It's awesome and this is my first attempt at making it without her. So it's not perfect, but still, really, really good.


Here's what you need..


  • 1/4 - 1/2 Cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil for all of you non-Rachael Ray lovers)
  • 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
  • Fresh Basil (if you don't have fresh, don't use any basil at all. dried basil would NOT be good in this)
  • 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
  • Mozzarella
  • Tomato (1)
  • Corn (1 small bag of frozen is what I used) (not pictured above)
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Pepper

First dump that bag of frozen corn into a skillet and cook it. My mom has made this recipe with grilled corn taken off of the cob before and it was amazing. But it's February and even in Indiana, fresh corn on the cob is not something you can get right now.


While that's in the pan dice up your basil, mozzarella, and tomatoes.




Ps. That's the same cutting board, but one is with the flash off and the other with the flash on. Crazy iPhone5 camera. #iphoneprobs

Anyway, toss all of that into a bowl..


The in another bowl, mix the dijon mustard, EVOO, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. I would recommend starting with a 1/4 cup of EVOO and add more if you feel it's necessary. You can always add, but you can't take away. I jumped right into using a 1/2 cup and later decided that was too much. You could always substitute the red wine vinegar for rice wine vinegar. *update I also added more pepper than it called for. I like pepper. Sue me.


The next step is where things get crazy.. Are you ready? Are you sure?

Add the cooked corn to the bowl full of mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. Then pour your liquid into that bowl and combine. I know, super complicated.


And Ta Da! It's delicious! I've been known to drizzle balsamic vinegar over it too. So yummy, quick, and easy!

No excuses not to eat healthier!! I'm talking to you Kay..


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower. This looks so good! I'm always looking for new healthy recipes :) Thanks for sharing.

    xo Ami
    a champagne dream

    ReplyDelete

I love you people! Let's be friends.

Like This Post? Then You Might Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...